Archive for April 2012
Every year we embark on several marathon road trips to visit family in St. Louis. What’s marathon? It takes us 13 – 16 hours to get there (depending on potty stops), which is about the extent of my willingness to road trip versus fly. Here are my top five road trip necessities:
- First aid kit. As moms know, a band-aid can cure almost anything. They cover both real and imaginary scrapes and have even been known to prevent a meltdown.
- Sicky Cup. Even the best travelers occasionally get a little car sick. It pays to keep this within arm’s reach!
- Zip lock bags. Love ‘em or hate’em, they can be a traveler’s best friend. From stashing trash, to portioning out snacks to storing funky clothes; these are a road trip must-have.
- Pit stop plan. Every long road trip needs at least one long, energy burning stop. Be prepared to run the kids with games or toys (the TravelKiddy Made in the Shade works well for this).
- Car activities. Of course we prefer the TravelKiddy activity kits and Think About It kits but you can certainly make your own.
What is on your list?