Archive for June 2012
June 14, 2012
Comments off · Posted by jennifer in General Travel With Kids
By the middle of summer most moms are counting the days until school starts again. Add some spice to the summer with these fun and inexpensive ways to beat the heat at home.
1. Buy a kit and tie-dye shirts. This is a fun way to spend an afternoon. The kits are readily available at Michaels or other craft stores and come with all the supplies (except the shirts). We had plenty of dye for 8 shirts.
2. Paint boxes. Pick up some large moving boxes from Home Depot or Lowes (they run about $3/box) and break out the paints. For added fun, use the hose to clean up after the painting.
3. Invest in some cheap shaving cream and paint the swing set with shaving cream. You can add food coloring for an artistic touch. One note of caution – shaving cream can stain some surfaces so wash everything down afterwards.
4. Wash the cars and have a water fight.
5. Last, but not least, turn on the water and have an old fashioned romp through the sprinklers – even more fun if mom and dad join in!
Add some popsicles and lemonade for the perfect summer afternoon!