October 22, 2012
Road Trip Rules – Bring AAA Along
If a road trip is in your future, you should definitely check out the resources available at AAA. With all the travel blogs, sites and other information available on the web, I wasn’t sure how relevant AAA was to our family until I started researching whether we should renew our membership. Check out these great resources, tools and features available to AAA members:
1. AAA mobile app. This gives you all of the benefits of AAA (think TipTiks, discounts, emergency roadside service) right on your mobile device.
2. TripTik travel planner. I remember my parents visiting AAA before every long road trip to get a planner and maps for the journey. Now you can do it right from your computer. Visit the TripTik planner directly on the AAA website and plan your trip from start to finish. Of course, those paper maps are great for entertaining in the car so it is worth a trip to your local office to pick up a few.
3. Emergency Roadside Service. Many new cars come with this included but AAA is still the gold standard in emergency care.
4. Free services available at various times throughout the year – for example October is care car month. During this month, you can visit events in your area where AAA approved providers will perform free safety checks on your car.
5. Driver Safety. AAA offers free web resources, tools and quizzes for drivers of all ages. Of particular note are the resources for teen and mature drivers. These tools have been shown to reduce the risk of accidents by up to 50 percent! They also offer events throughout the US that are interesting and informative.
6. Encompass Magazine. Each region has their own regional magazine (Encompass is the Colorado Area publication). This magazine is filled with driving tips and fun local drives and destinations. Looking for fall foliage drives or local festivals? This is a great magazine to keep handy.
7. Hotel, restaurant and attractions discounts.
What is your favorite AAA benefit?
Note -I received no compensation from AAA to write this post. It is purely based on my research conducted to decide if we should renew our membership – the answer was a resounding YES!