November 18, 2011
The Must Have Road Trip List
Is a road trip in your future? Check out my list of road trip must have items and tell me what I forgot.
1. Individual snack bags and water bottles. We use insulated coolers like the ones found here – they are easily packed and stashed in the back seat. Plus the zipper closure means that
nothing falls out.
2. Gallon sized zip lock bags. Great for stashing trash, half eaten snacks and the other debris that seems to accumulate while traveling.
3. TravelKiddy (of course!). We do not travel with lap trays or lap desks but use a foam core board instead (available FREE by request when you order a TravelKiddy). All too often the lap desks/trays became weapons or ended up broken when someone stepped on them.
4. Pit stop activities. Jump ropes, balls, and cones are perfect for creating active games – a good 20 minutes at a park or rest stop are time well spent on a family road trip. No time to pack? Made in the Shade is our bag of choice for pit stops.
5. Maps. The best answer to “Are we there yet?” is a map. Print or buy several varieties and let the kids practice map reading skills, find landmarks and even select pit stops.
What is on your list?